No matter how many treatments you want for a healthy hair, have you not got successful results? So today’s article will be very useful for you. Creating and maintaining healthy, strong long hair is not easy. For that, good nutrition must be obtained externally and internally.
When it comes to external nourishment, the care given to hair by essential oils cannot be underestimated. Their medicinal properties have many benefits such as strengthening the hair, restoring damaged hair, preventing hair loss and leaving the hair healthy and shiny.
These are oils that have been in use for more than 100 years. Researchers also say that cats need to be included in any precautionary measures against the virus. Here are some ways in which having essential oils can help solve your hair and scalp problems.
01.To get rid of dryness in the hair
- If you have dry hair, add about 5-7 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of melted olive oil / coconut oil / corn oil / avocado oil and apply gently on the scalp with your fingertips. Leave it for a few hours and then wash and clean the head.
- Sandalwood oil – Moisturizes well on dry and damaged hair.
- Lavender – Regulates the moisture in the scalp by controlling the oil glands associated with the scalp.
- Ylang-ylang Essential Oil – Increases the elasticity of the hair by controlling the fat content in the scalp.
- Geranium Essential Oil – Oil for the scalp balances the secretion and provides a natural conditioning care for the hair
- Jasmine Oil – Moisturizes the hair and softens the hair. These essential oils should not be used by pregnant and lactating women.
02.To get rid of the oily nature of the hair
If the hair is oily, you should use essential oils that help control the secretions in the oil glands of the head. Mix a tablespoon of essential oil with pumpkin oil / almond oil / 5-7 drops and massage gently for 2-3 minutes to penetrate the scalp. Leave them on the scalp for about 60-90 minutes. After that, wash the head. Grapefruit oil, lemon oil and geranium oil are essential oils that control the oil glands in the head and prevent excessive oiliness in the hair.
03.Strengthen the hair to prevent hair loss
- Hair roots should be well cared for to increase the strength of the hair. Mix about 5-7 drops of the following essential oil with a tablespoon of olive oil / castor oil and rub gently on the scalp and leave on for a few hours or overnight, then wash as usual.
- Lavender Oil – Prevents hair loss and restores hair follicles.
- Rosemary oil – strengthens hair roots. Restores the flexibility of the hair.
- Chamomile Oil – Stimulates hair growth and nourishes the hair. Restores hair strength.
- Clary sage oil – Stops hair growth.
- Thyme Oil – Prevents Hair Loss Restores damaged and weakened hair.
04.To stimulate hair growth
- To grow hair well, mix 5-7 drops of the following essential oil with a tablespoon of castor oil / olive oil / almond oil and massage it into the scalp. Leave on for a few hours or overnight, then wash and cleanse the next day.
- Patchouli oil – accelerates hair growth.
- Orange, lemon and mandarin oil – strengthens hair.
- Cedar Oil (Cedar) – Soothes the scalp and nourishes the hair.
- Carrot Seed Oil – Strengthens hair, improves blood circulation in the scalp. Accelerates hair regeneration and hair regrowth.
05.To get rid of dandruff
- Dandruff is a skin infection that most people face. This can be treated with Essential Oil Care.
- Add about 10 drops of essential oil to a teaspoon of shea butter / cedar oil / burdock oil and massage well into the scalp. Leave on overnight and wash thoroughly the next day.
- Tea tree oil, lemongrass, peppermint and peppermint oils can be used to treat dandruff caused by a fungal infection. It is best to use lavender or patchouli oil when treating excessively dry scalp.
06.To keep damaged hair healthy and prevent split ends
This can be treated in two ways:
- Use before bathing – Mix about 5-7 drops of essential oil with a tablespoon of jojoba oil / olive oil / almond oil / avocado oil and apply well on the hair from the beginning to the ends. Leave on for about 20 minutes and then wash your hair as usual.
- As a hair care product, add 5-10 drops of each type of essential oil to a spray bottle and shake well before use. After shampooing and rinsing, spray these on the scalp while the hair is still wet. Just a little spraying is enough.
- Thyme oil – restores hair health and restores its health. Recovers damaged hair, especially from hair coloring or the use of styling tools such as irons.
- Lavender, chamomile, geranium, rosewood, cedar as well as sandalwood oils are very good for preventing hair breakage.
07.Apply essential oil on hair and wash off
- If you have medium length hair, it is sufficient to mix 5-7 drops of essential oil per tablespoon of the support oil and apply.
- If the hair is shorter, this size should be reduced and if the hair is longer, double the size and use.
- When washing your hair with Essential Oil, shampoo your oily hair from head to toe. After that, shampoo again and wash your hair as usual
08.Keep these points in mind when using essential oils
- Essential oils are highly concentrated and should not be used in care.
- The recommended dose is 5-7 drops of essential oil per tablespoon of essential oil.
- If used as this treatment, do it 2-3 times a week. It is sufficient to use it once a week as a general treatment.
- Inflammation is a normal condition when using essential oils such as citrus oil or pine (this is what happens when blood enters the skull).
- Some essential oils should never be used by pregnant women. (Essential oils such as Artemisia, Lemon Basil, Black Seed, Camphor, Cinnamon Bark, Cypress).