Excessive sun exposure increases the risk of skin problems. In particular, skin cancer, skin pigmentation, and premature aging of the skin are the main causes. It is for these reasons that it is recommended to use a ‘sunscreen’ when traveling in the sun. Here are some tips to help you get rid of freckles and dark skin caused by excessive sun exposure.
Skin care that can be done with fruits
- Cause: Lemons are high in citric acid. So it contains a compound that can bleach the skin naturally. However, overuse can cause burns on the skin.
- Method of use: Squeeze lemon juice and apply it on the scarred areas with a cotton ball. If you have hypersensitive skin, add a little water to lemon juice.
- Frequency of use: It is recommended to use 3-4 times a week. You should be careful about how you feel when applying and if there are any changes on the surface of the skin. If pain or itching occurs, limit the frequency of use.
- Cause: Papaya is rich in enzymes. They also help to remove dead skin.
- How to use: After crushing like papaya paste, apply it on the body. Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse it well with cold water.
- Frequency of use: It is better to use daily in the morning and evening as it is less acidic than lemon.
- Cause: Watermelon is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. It is also a very nutritious fruit. It also helps to improve skin tone.
- How to use: It is best to eat. To exfoliate, apply a thin layer of watermelon on the affected and scarred areas. Leave it on the skin for 20-30 minutes and wash it off thoroughly.
- Frequency of use: It is a healthy fruit and should be used daily. Continuing this treatment can bring good results.
Skin care that can be done with vegetables
- Cause: Contains natural acids and removes blemishes including dark spots on the skin
- How to use: This is a very good treatment method, although it can cause odor. Add 1 tablespoon of red onion juice and 2 tablespoons of honey. Keep most of the mixture in the fridge. Apply this mixture on the discolored and dark spots on your body. If there is no allergy, apply the mixture on the face as well. After about 15 minutes, rinse thoroughly to remove the mixture.
- Frequency of use: It is advisable to use it twice a week
- Cause: Tomatoes contain the ability to whiten the skin naturally. It is said that this is why many Korean beauty products contain tomatoes. Tomatoes give a porcelain surface a radiant, smooth complexion. It is a healthy vegetable that should be added to the diet.
- How to use: Crush the tomatoes and squeeze the juice. Tomatoes can also be cut into slices and kept in spotted spots. Apply the juice on the damaged skin and wash off after about 10 minutes.
- Frequency of use: It is recommended to use 3-4 times a week.
- Cause: It is more beneficial for dry skin, protects the skin’s moisture and is rich in Vitamin C, which heals sunburn scars.
- How to use: Cut two slices and place over the eyes to cool your eyes. It also removes the dark circles around the eyes. Finely chop the cucumber and add a little glycerin. Now, apply the mixture well on darkened skin and face. Leave on for about 15 minutes and rinse well.
- Frequency of use: Suitable for daily use.
Care that can be done using oils
- Cause: Almond oil, which smells great, is a bit pricey. However, its oleic and linoleic acids as well as vitamins A, B2, B6, D and E are important nutrients for skin nutrition. When applied to the skin, it does not become oily and absorbs well into the skin.
- How to use: Apply as a lotion or a few drops on blemished and dull skin. Do not wash off.
- Frequency of use: Apply before going to bed at night.
- Cause: Vitamin E, which can be used for many skin problems, can be taken as a supplement or as a skin lightening cream.
- How to use: Can be used as one capsule at a time. Break a capsule and apply it on the skin. If used before bed at night, go to bed without removing the ointment. As a night nutrient, Vitamin E has the ability to solve many problems in your skin.
- Frequency of use: Suitable whenever you can. Not harmful to the body.
- Cause: Uniformizes skin color. Removes pigmentation from the skin. An oil that is easily found.
- How to use: Apply on darkened skin
- Frequency of use: It is best to apply in the morning or evening.
Care that can be done with other liquids
01.Apple cider vinegar
- Cause: Apple cider vinegar is a good treatment for sunburn and dark skin. It can also be applied to protect from the sun. Contains alpha hydroxyl acids that protect the skin against sun exposure.
- How to use: Take a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well. Apply the mixture on the skin with a cotton swab and wash off after it dries. To use as a ‘Max’, first check if there is any inflammation or pain in the forehead.
- Frequency of use: It is sufficient to use it once a week as a ‘mask’.
- Cause: Its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties are very beneficial for the skin as well as the interior of the body.
- How to use: Boil well. Apply to skin using a cotton swab or tea bag.
- Frequency of use: You can do as you wish. Recommended for daily use.
- Cause: Coconut can also be considered as a very good food, drink and beauty treatment.
- How to use: Apply coconut water on the skin. Once dry, apply again.
- Frequency of use: Suitable for frequent use. Wash off makeup or other beauty products before use, as they can make the skin sticky.
Care that can be done with dairy products
- Cause: The butter that is left over from the production of milk is called buttermilk.
- How to use: Soak a piece of cotton wool in milk and apply it on the skin. Leave on for about 20 minutes, then rinse well. Do not apply buttermilk on sensitive areas of your body (lactic acid can cause allergies such as itching or inflammation).
- Frequency of use: Suitable for daily use.
- Cause: It is a nutritious food that is rich in lactic acid. Being able to buy easily is also special
- How to use: Apply to all areas of sunburned skin. Use natural yogurt that does not contain preservatives.
- Frequency of use: Depending on the nature of the scar. Getting used to using it twice a day will give you quick results.
Care that can be done with spices
Cause: Its antiseptic properties keep your skin healthy.
How to use: Orris root Mix well with the aforementioned oil or honey and make a paste. It is recommended to mix it with honey for general use. To use as a face mask, mix it with an oil and use it.
Frequency of use: It is recommended to use twice a week
Cause: Removes pigment scars from the skin. Eliminates dark circles and gives radiance.
How to use: Make a paste with sandalwood powder, a little lime juice and a few drops of rose water. Apply the ointment on the skin and let it dry well. After that, wash well and remove. Another way to use it is to add a little olive oil or vitamin E to sandalwood powder in a ratio of 1: 2 to make a mixture. Soak before bed and go to bed. Wash off in the morning.
Frequency of use: It is best to use at night if mixed with an oil. Twice a week is sufficient if used with lemon juice.
The natural care available to remove red spots and dark spots on the skin is limited. You can get good results by trying some of the above methods. It is important to seek medical advice before resorting to natural remedies. This is because certain spots and dark spots can also be a sign of cancer.
Below are some other treatments you may be referring to besides natural care.
Chemical peeling – After this treatment, your skin will turn red for about two days. But, you can get good results from this treatment.
‘Microdermabrasion’ method – a treatment that raises the collagen level in the skin, removes dead skin cells and gives the skin a fresh look.
‘Cryosurgery’ is a treatment that gradually darkens and whitens dark spots. There is no need to be afraid of this. In two days the peeling nature of the face will go away and you will look good.
Laser treatment – a method that gives good results but still has its problems. First, you have to resort to those treatments several times. Second, your skin may become hypersensitive after treatment and you need to be extra careful not to expose it to the sun.